Question for MOOII/Toxic Worlds

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Tiredness
Question for MOOII/Toxic Worlds

Postby Tiredness » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:59 am

Hello.

I've played MOOI/II/III for some time, and enjoyed all of them - yes, even the 'abomination' that was MOOIII, which I think has some truly amazing features and great ideas about removal of micromanagement, despite being an absolutely terrible game. My favorite though, is the first - I'm not at all good at it, but love nothing more than slowly turning every world under my control into a verdant paradise.

Therefore, I would like to ask how it would be possible to do this in MOOII - I don't want to hear that it's 'not possible' or to use 'stellar converters'. That's ridiculous. It must be possible to in some way mod the game in such a manner to use radiation shielding/gravity generators/terraforming to turn the world radiated or barren, and then work from there. I do not mind if the process is complicated so much that it can be done.

If it's a lot of 'effort' to mod things in such a way, just let me know how I would get started on the project and what I would need to learn, and I shall do it. Thank you.

MadViper

Postby MadViper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

There is one simple Way to do, what you want.

- Download the advanced mapeditor from here:

http://moomapgen.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mapgen.exe

- Copy the mapgen.exe into the moo2 folder.
- Create a new Game
- Exit Game in Turn 0

Type:
mapgen -t toxic

The advanced mapeditor will now load the autosave of turn 0 and turns all toxic planets into radiated ones.

if you type

mapgen -t toxic -t upoor -t tiny -t small

The Mapeditor will then turn all tiny and small planets into medium sized planets and all upoor planets into poor planets as well as turning all toxic planets into radiated ones.

After you restart the game and continue playing, you will be able to terraform all planets in the galaxy.

You will find more infos about mapgen.exe if you scroll down to the topic "map generator":

http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/

Return to “Game Modifications”