Question about race modding

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
HAL
Question about race modding

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:20 am

I would like to know if it is possible to insert a custom race picture (possibly in place of a current one), edit the default names and picks, change a flag color, and change the ship designs associated with that flag. I have seen some encouraging comments but nothing that really answers my question, so I made a new post. Also, what would I have to do to make this race playable over a LAN?

What I specifically want to do is replace the Alkari (my least favorite race) with the Irken Empire (from Invader ZiM, an excellent cartoon). I want to change the yellow flag (my least favorite, not in color but in ship design) to a pink one (the Irken color) and alter the yellow ship designs to look like the irken ones.
Additionally, I would like to change a few leaders around. I know how to edit their stats, but once again I do not know how to change the images. For those of you who know zim, I would like to replace a current leader (or add one if possible) with Professor Membrane, and replace/add the ship officers Zim, Gir (with *negative* stats if possible, if not I'll have a duty mode picture and good stats) and maybe Tak or Dib.
pleeeeessse help me.

It would be cool to make a new monster, or replace a current one, with the space-santa monster, too.
Obey the fist!

StepNRazor

Postby StepNRazor » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:35 am

Leader Pustulio, Zim's pimple as one of the telpathic leader heh.
Ya thought would be fun, not sure of how to edit the LBX files to pop in/out images hope there is a way I think it might be fun to see some new picks from some other settings, like old mustangs and other sports/muscle cars in ship design the mach 5 and speed racer heeh, lot of possibilits sounds like fun.

siron

Postby siron » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:56 am

AFAIK Grig de Griz works on such a tool.

The problem: he is russian and he needs some translators. The more help the earlier his release.

HAL

Postby HAL » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:43 am

I thought pustulio would be a telepath, maybe diplomat leader as well. Gir would have had neg stats, but I don''t think that is possible so I am going to make him a decent ship officer, same with zim. Dib would be a colony leader w/ spy master, science leader, maybe operations. Professor Membrane would be a super science and labor leader, and would bring some good tech. Gaz would be a good officer, maybe.

Anyway, with the meltpot editor, I have gotten the irken race stats in, along with ship names and potentially race portrait as well (I just haven't found the pictures yet). However, I have only found 2 leader editors, and they both work for everything except the picture. One just has the feature labeled "coming soon", and one gives an error in german when you try to open the leader picture data file.

Also, can you modify the ambassador animations (to the tallest, of course) or is that only possible in Grig de Griz's tool in progress? I would also need to change the name on the alkari button, as well as the description that comes up when you right click. I want to make new graphics for the colonists (workers, farmers, scientists, and rebels) and new graphics for ships. I also want to make new graphics for the spy, scientist, and trooper reports.
Obey the fist!

Time

Postby Time » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:51 pm

ya, I could see adding some of the new Battlestar Galactica photos as race foes, or add better graphic versions of some of our favorite races.
:D
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “Game Modifications”