Adding Techs and Editing the Space Crystal to the Borg

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
GeorgiaBoy4
Adding Techs and Editing the Space Crystal to the Borg

Postby GeorgiaBoy4 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Longtime Lurker Here...

I keep trying to find a better replacement for MoO 2, but none seem to quite have the same fit. So, I did a search and here I am. Reading through the forum, it appears there is a tool to edit techs and move them around, but can I add techs from MoO 3 (to the 255 limit) without hex knowledge? If so, how would I do this?

Also, I wanted to edit the Space Crystal to make it like the Borg. Instead of attacking 4 colonies, it keeps attacking and using its 'computer control' or 'assimilation' if you will. I would like to strengthen the Crystal to Borg strength. Furthermore, I would like replace the space crystal graphic with a Borg cube.

Finally, is if left unchecked, another cube could spawn Is this within reason/current modding knowledge?

Thanks for your time and the great work!

GB
Start slow and taper off..

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:45 am

you wont be able to add new techs,as far as i know the space crystal is all about the ai,currently the ai is not editable(may be wrong but i dont think so)

Have a great day

Nirran
Fastest way for evil to triump is for good people to do nothing

GeorgiaBoy

Postby GeorgiaBoy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 pm

you wont be able to add new techs,as far as i know the space crystal is all about the ai,currently the ai is not editable(may be wrong but i dont think so)

Have a great day

Nirran
Thanks, Nirran. Maybe MoO 3 then. It would be nice if MoO 1 and 2 were moddable...

Regards,

GB

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 pm

dont get me wrong,it is moddable,just can not add new technology,or new anything realy

have a good one

Nirran

GeorgiaBoy

Postby GeorgiaBoy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:31 pm

dont get me wrong,it is moddable,just can not add new technology,or new anything realy

have a good one

Nirran
So, new techs are out then? OK. Would I be able to replace the Space Crystal image with a Borg cube, add more hitpoints and a stronger attack?

Many Thanks, Nirran.

GB

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm

check my site in OCL_Improved thread OP has the link,lots of tools that alter weapons and ships,and lots of stuf,probably wont be able to change the pic(i dont know,never tried) but with corion you can edit a saved game and alter everything about any ship(it is concidered a ship),along with other things,check the lbx explorer,maybe can alter the pic

have great day

Nirran

GeorgiaBoy

Postby GeorgiaBoy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 pm

check my site in OCL_Improved thread OP has the link,lots of tools that alter weapons and ships,and lots of stuf,probably wont be able to change the pic(i dont know,never tried) but with corion you can edit a saved game and alter everything about any ship(it is concidered a ship),along with other things,check the lbx explorer,maybe can alter the pic

have great day

Nirran
I will check it out. Does OCL_Improved have any docs?

GB

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 pm

yes,check the format files,reminds me,i need to add the new sections,i will do that soon

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 am

added basic readme files to ocl_improved and gui programs i wrote,probably will do the format file tonight,will be uploaded in about 5 min(bat file is running,huge one)

Nirran

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 am

Nirran
One can edit pictures by means of Picture Editor, part of the MoO2 Workshop package: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26476069/wsh05.zip

Return to “Game Modifications”