OCL_Improved

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Green_Knight
Robotic Factory

Postby Green_Knight » Sun May 08, 2011 2:05 am

I think the production values for Robotic Factory can be found at:

Robotic Factory at 162B30

(I've never verified this, I found it on the web)

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sat May 21, 2011 1:52 pm

update for OCL GUI,the windows will now conform and be smaller(with scroll bars) if the screen res is small,preventing the windows from being off screen,uploaded

Nirran
Fastest way for evil to triump is for good people to do nothing

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:30 am

What about monsters/guardian/Antarans?
Finding monsters offsets/data was pain in the ass. Too much data to decipher.
Generally here are the offsets:
http://code.google.com/p/moomapgen/wiki/Monsters
However, there is no information what means what, so that information I got only in xls file after spending huge amount of time for deciphering, can send you by email (one file, which also includes antarans and guardian).

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 am

would love to see that file Overlord,maybe i add the info to ocl

edit : added check box for new window scaling(made it optional),uploaded

edit : new section MISCOSTS has some static production amounts(colony ship etc),files uploaded

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Mon May 23, 2011 3:43 pm

taking requests for the moo 2 save slot editor,as multiple editors exist and alot of them are realy good,mainly looking for mass edits with a few clicks,similar to what ive already done

Nirran

Cerberus

Thanks

Postby Cerberus » Sun May 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Many thanks for your programming work.

I've been looking around for a decent editor for quite a while. The ideal would be to compile it all into one user-friendly interface where you could change anything you want :)

Be that as it may, I know how time-consuming the work could be. Just do what you can.

Three questions I have, though. I am not completely familiar with editing work and my question might come across noob-like, but nevertheless I was not able to start your improved editor. I use the windows 1.31 version of MOO 2.

Then I'd like to know what you mean by "both file names are required,one from each other sections are also required" in your readme file of your editor.

Furthermore I would like to know how to change all stats of planetary buildings, especially of armour and planetary defenses like missile bases and fighter garrisons... is this also included in your program? In this forum I have not been able to find out sufficient info about that so far.

Just treat me as a beginner as I am. :wink:
Live long and prosper!

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun May 29, 2011 4:16 pm

it would be much simpler if you were to download the companion program ocl improved gui,located at my site,place them both in the moo2 dirrectory and run the gui program,most things will be self explanatory,also using the dos version of moo2 will allow alot of additional editing possibilities

edit: i always play dos version 1.43 with my ocl edits in dosbox,if you download the latest dosbox id be happy to help you set it up

"both file names are required,one from each other sections are also required"

example

"OCL_Improved.exe -Debug -ext -win -exe:orion95.exe -txt:my_rules_win.txt"

exe file name,txt file name,exe type,operation mode

Nirran

Cerberus

A step forward

Postby Cerberus » Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Many thanks for the quick reply!

I did as you recommend and now I have the MOO2 dosbox version, patched with 143. So far it works... 8)

I also experimented a little with the editors, and used the gui version. As an executable file I used mo2v140, while in text data file name I inserted test140. So I got values to edit. Then write to game files, then save settings and close tab - Is that how it works?

My goal is to have an own mod file people could download and implement themselves, maybe together with a changed help file. So how do I create this mod file?

And how could you do it manually, without the gui version?
Live long and prosper!

Nirran

Re: A step forward

Postby Nirran » Tue May 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Many thanks for the quick reply!

I did as you recommend and now I have the MOO2 dosbox version, patched with 143. So far it works... 8)

I also experimented a little with the editors, and used the gui version. As an executable file I used mo2v140, while in text data file name I inserted test140. So I got values to edit. Then write to game files, then save settings and close tab - Is that how it works?

My goal is to have an own mod file people could download and implement themselves, maybe together with a changed help file. So how do I create this mod file?

And how could you do it manually, without the gui version?
yes that is how it works,manual editing is basicaly the same,except all the editing would be done in a text file editor(or you asking about manualy editing moo2 files?),and then running ocl_imp with command line argument -wrt (write) instead of -ext (extract),and would have to use the format reference text(s) for looking up the meaning of the values in the test140 file

hope that helps

Nirran

Cerberus

thanks, and suggestions

Postby Cerberus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 am

Hi,

thanks again for your quick reply. As I already mentioned, yes, it does help. I always wondered how I could change this and that without having great programming and hex editing skills :wink:

Here I will outline a few suggestions... The following paragraphs might point to a few development options:

The problem I have right now is the user interface of the guided editor. On my windows xp screen it jumps back and forth at times, and some columns and lines are not shown without shuffling around the display, pressing arrow buttons here and there and so forth. And sometimes some columns and lines are not shown at all, so you need to restart the process.

Another option would be to somehow automatize the editing process by making use of excel-like formula you could use, for example, in the excel-editor someone programmed a few years earlier.

That means it could speed up editing if you wouldn't have to insert values one by one but instead could also change values by inserting a value on a calculation field and then pressing a calculate button. That would make sense if you'd like to change tech research points evenly, for instance.

The greatest deed would be to integrate your editing program in the existing map editors and leader editors. Then you'd have all in one program, and needn't bother about different files of different programs. The result could be could the universal moo2 editor. :)

However, I consider this to be minor tweaks. The most important thing is that you are able to edit stuff via a more user-friendly interface, and that you have many editing options.

Just inform me if you added something to the program!
Live long and prosper!

Overlord2

Re: thanks, and suggestions

Postby Overlord2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:47 am

The problem I have right now is the user interface of the guided editor. On my windows xp screen it jumps back and forth at times, and some columns and lines are not shown without shuffling around the display, pressing arrow buttons here and there and so forth. And sometimes some columns and lines are not shown at all, so you need to restart the process.
Heh, try using 'Do not Scale Windows to Resolution' option available on the settings bar. I was experiencing the same problem myself so had to ask to add this option. :P
Another option would be to somehow automatize the editing process by making use of excel-like formula you could use, for example, in the excel-editor someone programmed a few years earlier.

That means it could speed up editing if you wouldn't have to insert values one by one but instead could also change values by inserting a value on a calculation field and then pressing a calculate button. That would make sense if you'd like to change tech research points evenly, for instance.
Well, this is pretty much specific option, which suites very specific aimes if you mean the rps cost dependence on the levels. I believe implementation of such algorythm will be complicated (dunno what Nirran answers you). Rather will be easier to make such calculations in Excel and then copy-paste results into ocl_improved text file.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:09 pm

i actualy would use a feature that calculates the research cost for all fields,i will toss it around for a while

hero editor HE10 is done realy well(on my site)could add that to ocl i guess,will concider it

as for a map editor,maybe add that to my save editor

edit : added a simple multiply by float for all tech field research costs,uploaded (ocl_imp has a few new sections that are not included in the gui yet,will be working on that for while,hopefully have what i want to include finnished before long)

edit : removed tfxxx and techxxx labels completely

edit : added toggle for mass edits of research costs by tech field level,now the options are : multiplier or dirrect point costs

edit : added some antaran ships to the gui,it is by no means complete

edit : combined missile base,ground batteries and firghter garison into one section(both programs) uploading

edit : for you programmers i re-oraganized define.h,much easier to read,uploaded

edit : cleaned the code further,removed redundant strings,now all fields are read from the text file(excepting help lables)

edit : couple new sections added to both programs,uploaded

edit : crash bug in Megafluxer code fixed,uploaded

edit : all the monster pages are done,will be re-vamping the antarans,soonish

edit : all antaran ships are completed,bumped version numbers to .4 for both programs

edit : altered the way OCL_Improved stores and retrieves the values placed in FORCEDPLANETS,now an ini file is used rather then storing them in the exe,uploaded

edit : fixed a bug in gui that caused racepickcosts section to have no entries when gui write to rules file was selected,uploaded

edit : added retrieve current research values of text file for dirrect mass editing of research,uploaded

edit : re-write of "Nirran Additions Format.txt" file,added command line examples to the readme,better handling of the stored values for mass research editing,uploaded

edit : neatened some pages in the gui,altered the section names,older ocl data files will be incompatable,uploaded

edit : race pick cost names and headers are now editable,uploaded both programs

edit : combined race pick costs and race pick bonuses to one section,uploaded both programs

edit : added dialog window screen position size and scroll state are saved between sessions,uploaded

edit : all 3 programs, variables that are settable through the gui(in the case of OCL_Improved forced planets,the variables are saved via OCL Improved GUI HKEY) is now done with the registry instead of ini files,each program has its own folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER,uploaded

edit : added feudal research penalty values to race pick page,uploaded

edit : couple of new additions to the colony production section

edit : fixed a bug with colony production section,uploaded

edit : couple more additions,due to Overlord2 sending me hex addresses,added to both programs,uploaded

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 pm

fixed a bug in both programs regarding win95 unknown offsets,would cause both programs to crash,wont matter if you never use win version settings,uploaded

edit : fixed a minor bug in ocl_imp that caused an additional ';' to be added to the version string,uploaded

edit : added combat turns section to both programs,uploaded

Nirran

Postby Newbie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 pm

The last column in the technologies table is a toggle for whether the technology is researchable when tactical combat is turned off:

viewtopic.php?t=2363&sid=2abd0a8aba5f22 ... 437f1339a0

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:54 am

The last column in the technologies table is a toggle for whether the technology is researchable when tactical combat is turned off:

viewtopic.php?t=2363&sid=2abd0a8aba5f22 ... 437f1339a0
thank you Newbie,will add the info to the gui soonish

Nirran

Return to “Game Modifications”