OCL_Improved

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Nirran
OCL_Improved

Postby Nirran » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Seems to be stable,it handles my personal settup,this is a BETA release

My Moo2 Site

please report bugs here

edit : previous upload was in debug mode,it drasticaly reduces write mode running speed,turned it off and re-uploaded

edit : fixed debug slowness,fixed a bug with 2 byte numbers,uploaded

edit : btw the text file it generates is exactly the same as the text file oclplus generates,with missile base capacity added as a sperate field

edit : fixed a few inaccuricies,uploaded

edit : Added OCL Improved GUI to my site,BETA program

edit : aaded some sections to OLC_Improved,most of them are not available for all 3 exe version's,will add the new stuff to OCL Improved GUI soon

edit : updated the GUI for the new settings,enabled race pick max's for 140,uploaded

edit : BTW i added signed numbers to be displayed in negative format eg '-',best way to preserve your personal settup is to install with a previous version of OLC and then extract with the new version,make it easier to read the numbers ,battle pod, for example, will show sizes for the different hull types as negative,bonus to space,it isnt a bug,these values are very specific,if it doesnt show a negative with vanilla extract and it is a single byte(0-255),changing a value that is not displayed as negative,will not yield the desired effect

edit : fixed a bug in missile speed values,uploaded

edit : see last post

edit : other then cleaning code(i wont report these changes,but they will be uploaded when stable) and bug fixes(i will report these),i probably wont be making many updates,all depends on new offset information,please if you know of any not included let me know i will add them,would love to add the planet generation offsets,anyone have a page pointing to them?anyway,bumped the versions of both to 3.5,still beta releases

edit : added error code if the exe version,exe name and or text file name is not provided and a button is pressed that would cause an erro without them

edit : fleshed out the Race Pick Bonuses page,added labels

edit : added error code to stop write to moo2 files and save data file if no data file has been loaded

edit : known bug in save editor is that when altering home planet enviornment,the graphic and text will be wrong untill the building queue screen is opened,dont know how to fix that,figured i may as report it

edit : fixed a couple typo bugs,uploaded

edit : removed tfxxx and techxxx labels completely

edit : added toggle for mass edits of research costs by tech field level,now the options are : multiplier or dirrect point costs

edit : added some antaran ships to the gui,it is by no means complete

edit : combined missile base,ground batteries and firghter garison into one section(both programs) uploading

edit : added Monsters stats,antaran ship stats and bumped versions to 0.40,uploaded

Nirran
Last edited by Nirran on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:11 pm

well i have it working,but not the oclplus,ocl_21,anyone know the offsets for the added stuf in oclplus?

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:55 pm

used file compare and wrote code for the new stuff,now the editor i partialy wrote(cant take even 80% credit) has missile base value,if anybody wants this please post here,also if anybody wants new functions added,post the offsets here(doesnt matter,dos w95 or 1.4),i will add them

if i have enough requests for the prog(source will be released),i will create a subdomain for moo2 and upload it to my site

Happy New Year

Nirran
Fastest way for evil to triump is for good people to do nothing

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 am

used file compare and wrote code for the new stuff,now the editor i partialy wrote(cant take even 80% credit) has missile base value,if anybody wants this please post here,also if anybody wants new functions added,post the offsets here(doesnt matter,dos w95 or 1.4),i will add them
Actually what is more needed is finding new offsets and reprogramming certain things in assembler. Are you good in assembler language? Do you have the knowledge to work with debugger? If yes, would you be interested in performing this job?

Happy New Year too.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:17 pm

assembly im not good at,i wrote the add_ons in c++(msdos) im condidering re-writing the program in visual studios 10(c++),lots of work tho

Nirran

edit : ofstream & put has a bug,when inserting a an int of 10 it returns 13(0D),anyone know a work around in msdos c++ for that?

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 am

im condidering re-writing the program in visual studios 10(c++),lots of work tho
Huh. What program? OCL?
ofstream & put has a bug,when inserting a an int of 10 it returns 13(0D),anyone know a work around in msdos c++ for that?
You may want to ask someone who might know about it in private message, or you will be waiting for an answer for long...I'm not programmer myself, so I can't be of any help in this question.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:36 am

added OCL Improved GUI prog to my site,changed OP to point to my moo2 downloads site

this is a BETA release

Nirran

Overlord2

Postby Overlord2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 am

Excellent work. I propose to change some definitions to more accurate ones though. Send you in pm.

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Note-worthy - added some sections to OCL_improved,check OP

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Nore-Worthy - updated the GUI for the new settings,enabled race pick max's for 140,uploaded

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm

fixed a bug with buttons staying 'greyed' in gui app,uploaded

edit : added a few more sections to OCL_Improved,will be added to gui later

Nirran

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 pm

added race pick costs to OCL_Improved,uploaded

Nirran

GeorgiaBoy

Postby GeorgiaBoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Nirran/Overlord2,

First of all, THANK YOU, Nirran.

Just found a decent top down picture of a Borg ship on a SE IV website..Now to work...

I understand there is a lot of hard coding in MoO 2, but I was wondering if either of you are doing research to mod in additional (not editing existing) content to MoO 2?

Best Regards,

GB

Nirran

Postby Nirran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

i will be,after i learn the debug program,but not untill i finnish current content additions(lot on my plate atm)

regards

Nirran

GeorgiaBoy

Postby GeorgiaBoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 pm

i will be,after i learn the debug program,but not untill i finnish current content additions(lot on my plate atm)

regards

Nirran
What would you like to accomplish? Anything you would recommend for true novices like me to assist?

Return to “Game Modifications”