OCL_Improved

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
KingEkarOrgit
Re: OCL_Improved

Postby KingEkarOrgit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi, I've been trying to use OCL_Improved to make some changes to weapon damage, plus a number of other things that irked me. However, after I make changes to mods, suddenly I can't refit ships, and I get the error "You do not have sufficient technology to build ships."

But I can build ships. I can build titans. I'm not missing the tech to build them, but the refit button doesn't work.

Now, I did see a post earlier about the build-refit ships field being 196 higher than the tech fields actually required. EXCEPT I just pulld my .BAK file that worked before the last change, and it has values of "414" and "415". so I'm a little confused, especially when I change it back to the original values of 218 and 219, and I still can't refit ships. My changes worked, though, so I can't complain about that. :-)

Any idea's on what is causing this error?

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 pm

hey
have you been working with the GUI of the program?
to solve, try to run OCL from command line
(see previous page of this thread)
and then change the values manually in the text file.

KingEkarOrgit

Postby KingEkarOrgit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:07 pm

so... Yes I was working with the GUI to make most of my changes. SO I went into the text file manually and then used the command line to write the file. And lo and behold, the refit button started working in my saved game that it didn't work before in.

GUI glitch, Then?

I'll just do this from now on to write the file to make sure the tech fields get applied properly for now. Thanks for your help, Rocco!

Darza

Postby Darza » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Not sure if it have any actual effect on a program, but (excessively lengthy, while still not complete despite it somehow) pollution formula in Nano disassemblers tab is incorrect and misleading.

Correct is:
0=Ignore stuff below if player have Core Waste Dump on the planet
A=Sum of population prod (after all the Government, Gravity etc modifiers applied)
B=Robotic Factory prod
C=Planet no pollution prod value
D=Disassemblers modifier
E=Pollution Processor modifier
F=Atmospheric Renewer modifier
G=Leader Envinronmentalist modifier

So, first we do calculation of actual pollution using this data

(A+B+1)/2 (<E part) = Result1
Result1*1/4 (<F part) = Result2
Gpart = ((A+B)LeaderBonus)/100 (say, additional 10% of initial sum to extract)
Result2 - Gvalue (<G part) = Result3 (prod, that still possible to generate pollution after reduction was applied)
(Result3 - C*D+1)/2 = X
X = generated pollution.

In case X>0 there is also Tolerant population check later.

Maskk

Postby Maskk » Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi All,

I've been AWOL from MOO for a couple years. And have switched to a Mac since then.
While I've been able to download MOO, update to V1.31, and use the Leader Editor (with WineSkin), I find the OCL GUI dies when I try to setup the initial file (I force quit when the text file grew to 8.9 gig after hitting the Export and Load when pointing to the .exe and the blank format file).

I enjoyed the ability to edit under the old version. Any suggestions for how to get back started on a mac?

psywarrior_84

Postby psywarrior_84 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:21 am

I downloaded your OCL GUI, and there is no exe files.

Return to “Game Modifications”