Colony Ship Mod

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
Nettik
Colony Ship Mod

Postby Nettik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Hello gang, first time post. I really enjoy this forum and I was hoping someone might have some insights into the modification of the colony ships.

I find the game to be very unbalanced on hard and Impossible, I understand it's designed to be "hard" and "impossible" there are a few things to don't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I wish to modify the cost / production requirement to build the colony ships.

I think it's annoying for instance that races can produce colony ships faster than they can create 1 million colonists, just for example...

So I wish to significantly increase the cost of the ship and increase the required production time.

Astax

Postby Astax » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:17 am

Hmmm what are these races that produce colony ships faster than they can make 1 million people? With Auto Factory, Robatic Factory, Cloning center, you can easily make 450k a turn on any planet using 1 man housing technique.

But if you wish to increase the cost for colony ships, well that may be possible. It would however disapproriately affect the AI. For some reason the AI prefers to make colony ships than Colony Bases. This is it's #1 undoing! And reason why It has no hope of ever beating me on Impossible.

tf8

Postby tf8 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 am

Check out this guide http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2005 ... guide.html and you will find out that even 8 AI even on impossible level are kiddies and you can beat it easily. So there is no disbalance actualy.

Time

Postby Time » Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 pm

If you wanted to increase the cost, it should be done so that each colony ship costs more than the last, thereby, taking longer to build more colonys.
Same for Colony Bases too.
That would create More of a balance between Human and AI.
MOO1 Fan, MOO2 Fan, MOO3 needed too many changes = hopeless, getting older waiting for a MOO4 (still).

Return to “Game Modifications”