help needed with this

Information, How-to's, and discussion about mod'ing Master of Orion II.
rekka
help needed with this

Postby rekka » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:31 pm

i want to make the following changes to the game:

increase the total number of stars in a huge galaxy
increase the cost of research for each catagory
increase the total command point cap for the game

there used to be an editor out there which allowed me to create star systems that did not exist, but i havent been able to find it for several years and it seems to have been replaced by the corion editor which as far a i have been able to figure out, cant add new stars. other than that, i am not terribly good at such things with editing game data and am not sure how to do this... this by the way is on the windows version.

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Re: help needed with this

Postby Lord Brazen » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:43 pm

i want to make the following changes to the game:

increase the total number of stars in a huge galaxy
I have done a little experimentation in this area and posted the info.

Modifying galaxy size
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

siron

Postby siron » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:07 pm

Hmmm. Increasing number in small-large gal seems possible....but not huge?! Or even huge?

Lord Brazen
Site Admin

Postby Lord Brazen » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:48 pm

Hmmm. Increasing number in small-large gal seems possible....but not huge?! Or even huge?
Huge should be possible too but I haven't experimented with it. The game has some limit to the total number of stars and the total number of planets in galaxy. If those limits are exceeded, I don't know what will happen (likely crash).
"Stars are holes in the sky from which the light of the Infinite shine through." - Confucius.

rekka

Postby rekka » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:03 pm

there was actually an editor (i could have sworn it was an earlier version of corion) that allowed you to create new stars. the editor screen was a map of the game map and if you clicked on an area where there was no star it would ask you if you wanted to create one. it worked great, i dont know about the limit on planetary objects because i really never tried to add a HUGE number of stars, but i was able to add about twenty i think. if someone knows where i could find that editor that would work just fine. unfortunately my copy was lost years ago when my laptop was broken; i couldnt get it off to save it.

siron

Postby siron » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:24 pm

The Moo2 Save game Editor v0.35 in LBs download section is able to add new systems.

Return to “Game Modifications”