Moo 3 Mods

A place to discuss Master of Orion III
UnLimITeD
Moo 3 Mods

Postby UnLimITeD » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:37 pm

First off, hi.

Second, backstory to what I'm about to ask:

I recently downloaded Moo 2 (yes, 2) from GoG, started playing it and immensely enjoyed it. However, as I'm primarily playing solo, and I always like it complex, I figured I'll try out the third part.
I looked at available mods;
Yes, I expected it to be shit, but with all the community created content, everything but the bad graphics and UI should be somewhat fixable, the game might turn out to be fun, and it certainly looked more complex than Moo 2; Well, as close to Aurora as I can get, but with Graphics.

I made the horrible mistake of buying it online, for 10€, and sadly didn't even look on GoG, where I could have gotten it 25% cheaper.
Now I feel thrice ripped off, because not only did I spent to much on something I shouldn't have paid for at all, after all the bad I've expected there was one thing I didn't expect:
The game plays itself. Nothing to do, and I couldn't even when I tried.

But worst of all, the online version is incompatible with Mods; I obviously don't have a CD, and it crashes with the obnoxious directX errors when I use a less legal approach.

So, to my question;

Does ANYONE have a working version of Moo3 1.25 with the 1.21 Tropical Patch/Mod?

If yes, would it be possible to upload it anywhere so I can give that a try?
I don't have a possibility to get my money back anyways, might as well try to play it for an hour more. Still less time than it took me to install that pile of poo.^^

Regards
Loves spending money on stuff he's knows aren't worth it, but only fully realizes it minutes after.

pheobe green

Postby pheobe green » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 pm

thank you post it. I don't have a possibility to get my money back anyways, might as well try to play it for an hour more. Still less time than it took me to install that pile of poo.^^
Doubt is the key to knowledge.
abercrombie

UnLimITeD

Postby UnLimITeD » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm

The main problem there is obviously that the "product" plays itself.

Quite honestly, without those mods, I'm not going to play it.
If I got it on gog, it'd be at least comfortable.^^

Edit: Just now, on GoG, it's 50% Off......
Yeah.
Loves spending money on stuff he's knows aren't worth it, but only fully realizes it minutes after.

Panel

Re: Moo 3 Mods

Postby Panel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:53 am

Really needs the mods to be a good game. There are plenty of alternatives to Master of Orion as well that are worth investigating though.

Return to “Master of Orion III”